Fw: ANST - why not shinai?

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Aug 24 10:28:39 PDT 1999

On 24 Aug 99, at 9:57, Chris and Trish Makowski wrote:

> I am the same way. In our house weapon avaliable depend on the side of the
> bed.. on mine it's a nice boken or sword, on my hubs a .22 Visiting
> robber/attacker gets his choice of pain. Though I still love the story I was
> told of a Houston heavy fighter getting assaulted on his way into his house from
> Fighter Practice ::evil grin::

the classic is the one about a naked John the Plain (RIP) defending his home
during a breakin in the middle of the night with a katana against three
intruders - one armed with a axe from the shed ... from John's origional
telling after the fact, one took a deep cross chest & bothe arms slash, the guy
with teh axe took a deep thrust into a buttock when he turned to run from a
big, naked, blood-covered man with a big sword ... would have loved to read the
police write-up on that one.  i think he got some kinda award out of the deal,
but it's been many years back and the details blurr a bit ... sure it's a still
a scadian campfire tale that has grown in the telling.

personally, i take the lazy mans approach ... if someone breaks in, and the
alarm system does not deter them, then the overly territorial male rott-wolf
gets to play with them until i decide to get up and clean up the mess ... while
i love archaics and have *many* in the house and safe, being a born & raised
tejas boyo and overly practical, the loaded 12g is always clipped behind the
headboard.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)