ANST - Pennsic woods battle

eric mauer eric.mauer-next at attws.com
Thu Aug 26 08:52:55 PDT 1999

Gunthar writes:

> [...]
whomping 200 Midrealmers. Of course that's probably
exaggeration<<<<

It was exaggeration. There weren't more then 20 Ansteorrans. Of
course, there were also 20 or so of our Mountain Confederation
chums, and a couple Dark Horde Moritu fighters.

So, NSTWW, in the Woods, in a static position, on top of a hill
behind the pine trees, waiting. And waiting. As all of you know,
Anstorrans just love to wait, rather then charging into action.
Really. Almost as much as Confed does...so while we were busy
chewing on our shields, and polearms, and our commanders were busy
yelling "stand fast", and "do not pursue those men", and other
such inspirational messages in attempt to keep us from charging
through the trees after the enemy, *any enemy*, a Midrealm column
wandered past us, just beyond the treeline. And kept growing...
until it was obvious that this was a large Midrealm force of
100-150 fighters, waiting to wreak havoc on the Eastern flank.

Perhaps four of them looked up to see the spectre of their deaths.
At any rate, none of them *did* anything about it. When Duke Kein
finally gave the order to charge down upon the rear of the column,
it was naught but a slaughter. They were (in order) confused,
disorganized, and (rapidly) dead.

Tuhtahl

P.S. Ask HRM about his new title "King of the Hay Bales", which
he aquired during the Allied Champions battle.
Eric Mauer
Austin Customer Care
AT&T Wireless Services
eric.mauer-next at attws.com