ANST - scrolls

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Tue Aug 3 05:52:56 PDT 1999

	There are actually two different lines of discussion here.  The
first being that the scrolls we do as charters have little or nothing to do
with their period counter parts.

	The second is the idea of doing original scrolls for each and every
award.

	I guess it is not nessisarry to have the latter to get the former.
Photo copied scrolls could be done, leaving the pertinent places blank just
as we do now.  It is the style of the scroll that was the begining of this
discussion.

	Also, Baroness Curstaidh asked that those wanting to change the
system step up and help do the work.  To be fair, Master Tadgh has done an
excessive amount of work in this field.  Were it not for him and Mistress
Serena we would probably all be going around ignorently assuming that the
scrolls we are doing are perfectly period.  He is also responsible for the
text that we use on our scrolls, which is a great deal better than what I
have seen out of some other kingdoms where the text is not controlled at all
so "speaking forsoothly" is the rule of the day (you know, that phoney
English Middle Ages talk).

	I am not sure that everyone on the Ansteorra list is interested in
this, so I opened the discussion on the scribes list also (to subscribe:
majordomo at ansteorra.org    subscribe scriptoris).

	Alys.