ANST - Awards

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 09:32:07 PDT 1999

Why? And especially why "most of all"  Writes Fra Tadhg Liath OFT
The Grumpiest Pelican...

A good and honest Question.

"My" reason is because of person experiences and things I have witnessed.
Someone else might feel differently though.

"My" reasoning is that I have seen alot of people go to a friend and say "I
put you in for this award", and when it doesn't happen at that event, or
sometimes even for a very long time, the person who was given that knowledge
that they were nominated has some hurt feelings.

Some people might take that knowledge and get the warm fuzzies knowing that
another felt that they were worthy, and perhaps this might mean even more
than the award itself.

But others might take that knowledge and feel slighted if the recommendation
wasn't acted on.

There is no rule against telling, I would just caution against it because of
the way it might affect a person's feelings.  And there is something to be
said for a suprised reaction, it often makes better pictures :)

I have upon occaision told a friend or partner of the person I recommended
so that they would know that there was a voice speaking of their merits, but
only in cases where I knew that confidence would be kept.  But that is "me",
I don't dispute anyone's right to do things differenty, it is what makes
things more interesting :)

Larissa