ANST - seals ... was: Scrolls & Charters - Thank you

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Aug 5 11:26:57 PDT 1999

On 5 Aug 99, at 13:00, marsha.greene at mpan.com wrote:

> A major problem with seals is that they can dry up and crack and fall
> off.. secondly, in our heat, big problems if a scroll is left in a car or
> even out in the open.     I think its a 'pretty' idea, and can be really
> nice, if done correctly... but should probably be reserved for the very
> artistic handworked scrolls, in my humble opinion.

without getting in "period issues" as i subscribe to the philosophy of the
"current" middle ages (g)  ... perhaps the kingdom needs a "royal embosser"
with the kingdom arms that would pass from crown to crown ... perhaps with a
real "seal of state" for special occasions.  for the theatre / ritual mavins
would give a new place to develop suitable transfer rituals ...

seem to remember seeing places that will make up the emossers custom from your
camera ready art   alternately dosn't conceptually seem that hard to make a
pair of "registered" dies (on a simple spring holder designed to keep them in
alignment) and a mallet to whack them ...

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)