ANST - Steppes' Artisan

kimberly at mail.topher.net kimberly at mail.topher.net
Sun Aug 8 06:15:04 PDT 1999

Hi, all!

Steppes Artisan was an amazing event, with an incredibly impressive
display of bodies of work from artisans from all over the kingdom.
Every single display was exceptional.  I think that the quality and
breadth of the work found at Steppes Artisan is virtually
unparalleled, and if you weren't there, you missed out on an amazing
experience.

We were delighted to have three visitors from out of kingdom at
Steppes Artisan - three lovely and gracious laurels from the kingdom
of Trimaris, who seemed quite impressed with our talented artisans,
and who said they had much to take home to Trimaris with them.

Our new Steppes Artisan is Lodovico Benevoglio, who displayed an
impressive body of work, including a number of hand-bound books,
period woodworking tools, an inkle loom, a wooden gaming board, and
an astrolabe.

Several other artisans were recognized by the previous Steppes
Artisans and the visiting Trimaran laurels for their displays.  I
can't remember everyone, but I do recall that Giuliana Firidolphi,
Isobel Grace Hadleigh, Gala Cunningham, Aaron Harper, Rosalia
O'Brogan, Louise Mendenhall, Aslyn Crystyn, and Gunhilda Amberstar
were among those honored.

Again, I don't recall all the awards that were presented in court,
but here are some of them.  I hope someone else can fill in
whatever I've forgotten.
Armando de la Cabana was awarded an AoA.
Francesca Sansovino, was awarded the Grice of the Steppes, for her
contributions to the fighting community here.
Duncan Hepburn and Genevieve de Courtanvaux were recognized for their
devoted service to the Barony with the award of the Acorn of the
Steppes.
Mistress Muriel and Corwin MagEoin were both made members of
the Order of the Oak of the Steppes.
Don Aubrey di Baudricourt was made a Baron of the Court of Ansteorra.
Samuel Piper, a gifted musician, was elevated to the Order of the
Laurel.
Baroness Kayleigh Drake was made the 65th White Scarf of
Ansteorra.
And Baron Edwin bestowed upon our beloved Master Fritz the title of
Harbormaster of the Steppes, for his admirable courage in the face of
raging seas at Steppes Warlord.  :)

Many congratulations to the new Artisan, the kingdom's beautiful new
Dona, our newest laurel, and all the other worthy gentles
who displayed or were recognized in court at Steppes Artisan.  Vivat!

Warm regards,
Countess Sara