ANST - Scrolls

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 09:34:25 PDT 1999

--- HLOriana at aol.com wrote:

> <<  Anyone attempting to do an official
>  diploma respecting an award ought to be aware that all this "scroll"
>  embellishment is SCA fantasy fru-fru, and contrary to the stated
> goals
>  of the SCA. >>
>     I seem to recall from the Scribes list that you once did a
> substantial
> amount of research into period documents that would better represent
> our
> awards.  Can you share this research, or perhaps supply a list of
> books to
> track down on our own?  I haven't had much luck with this and I'm
> obviously
> looking in the wrong places.

Orianna, Mistress Serena and I have been discussing the possibility of
doing a "Scribes Book Project" similar to the "Great Heraldic Book
Project" run by the College of Arms a while ago. We would gather books
of interest to scribes, ditigize them, and distribute them
electronically. Would there be much of an interest in such a thing up
in your area?

Fra Tadhg Liath OFT
The Grumpiest Pelican
SCITIS IMPLETI * NOSCE IGNOTIS