ANST - ILL Help

Pamela S Keightley pkeight at vvm.com
Tue Aug 17 20:42:07 PDT 1999

Dear Robert Fitzmorgan,
 I am guessing that this is Troubadour song. The Garland Library of
Medieval Literature has publications of the texts and translations of
songs in their series A and translations alone in their series B.  The
volume I have is _Razos and Troubadour Songs_ Translated by William E.
Burgwinkle and is Volume 71 of the Garland Library series, New York &
London, Garland Publishing, Inc., 1990. This contains beautiful
translations and  "program notes" about the songs and brief biographical
notes on the composers. A brief look at the index does not show "La
chanson de la croisade albigeoise"   by  Guillaume de Tulède. This
colume 71 has a selected bibliography of about 150 consulted works in
French and English which covers 11 pages which might help your search. I
don't have a scanner.
  However, this series might have the work you are looking for in
another volume. The music advisor for the series is Hendrik van der
Werf, Eastman School of Music and most of the Literary Advisors are from
Yale. I think they did their homework.
Happy Singing,
Pamela Hewitt, the Harper