ANST - Roumers and half truths

Alisha Green Alisha_Green at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:44:56 PDT 1999

Hello,

I realize I am only a newcomer to your game.

But recently I have witnessed  the result of  what Roomers and Half truths can do to a person. and have spent the last hour consoling a woman known to many of you because of the hurt it caused.

Who was Hurt  very plainly Simone.

I do not agree with continuing to spread gossip so I will not  go into the particulars of what was said to her. Yet as someone who has been her friend for several years. I  would like to clear up once and for all the type of person she is. and would ask as she always has that if you have a problem with her take it to her.

Outside of her work in the SCA with the Bardic College. Simone devotes her free time to community service. She runs a halfway house for recovering addicts and alcoholics, makes disaster relive deliveries to people in and out of the SCA, Works with several animal rescue groups.  She does not believe in airing her personal life for all to see. And devotes her heart to projects that mean allot to her. such as your Bardic college and work with people in recovery.

She  regularly opens her home to people in need. and is always available to talk to when someone has a problem. In the years that I have known her I have not known her to betray a confidence.  I have seen her struggle o a daily basis with a Back injury she will have to live with for the rest of her life. Still she continues to help where she can

She has a deep love for the people in the SCA, I have seen her cry and talk at a meeting about the death of a friend, and jump for joy at the news of anthers accomplishment she has read about. She many times keeps her Opinions to her self and is continuing working on improving her self.

She recently celebrated 14 years of recovery and 20 years in the SCA. her way of life demands that she does her best not to hold on to resentments and to be as honest as she is able. and when wrong do her best to make amends. She is a strait forward person. and one of the most real that I have met.

I would not have known anything was wrong or about the letter she received this morning if I had not been there at the time she received it. Please be sure you have all the facts before you decide to jump someone's case and go to the person if you have a problem with them. Roomers and half truths right now has her considering why she devotes so much time to helping others. I am one who has benefited from her help and love and personally do not want to see a person who helps so many without the thought of reward stop just because of a few inconsiderate few.

Alisha