ANST - 100 verses 100,000

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at msn.com
Thu Aug 26 08:31:13 PDT 1999

In computer science, we talk about artificial intelligence, which makes us
ponder "real" intelligence (which, from a human, is a whole other
philosophical conversation). To date, my professors tell me intelligence is
a process of experience, qualification, and alteration. For instance,
catching a fish, it was a fun time reeling in the fish "x" long, and "l"
heavy. When you get back to the lodge, it is x squared long, and l squared
heavy. After years of telling the story, x to the n'th long, and l to the
n'th heavy. experience, qualification, and alteration.
I constantly experience this in S.C.A. fighting, we do the battle were we
kill x number of people, at camp we killed x squared and by the time we get
home we killed x to the n'th number of competitors, and it is glorious.

My recollection of the woods battle of which I believe you speak was indeed
a glorious time. The look on Duke Kien and His Majesty face's were very
impressive when they realized our opponents were going to be silly enough to
attempt a duplicate flanking maneuver, and even more elated when a line of
100 to 120 warriors assembled and marched off letting our force of
approximately 40 warriors, primarily Ansteorran and Con-Federation fighters,
flank them from behind (is from behind a flank?). They died quickly and in a
very confused state, no where close to the forces they were marching to
engage, and the cannon sounded.

This recollection, as well as the number of killed, comes from the version
of the story shared directly after the battle, and not the version of the
story at camp where we had killed 100,000, and there were only 7 of us, nor
the version I lied about last night at fighter practice where I killed
everyone on the entire north eastern seaboard to the great lakes.

As for interesting, there was that bit with a permanent magic marker and a
very sleepy Sir Corin VanZandt. The Fisher Dairy had a break down, and we
had some kind of toxic wanna be chocolate milk, and the salesman didn't lie
when he said if you lick the marshmallow before you fire it from the
miniature crossbow, it "can" stick.

Merrik Viltar Har
Northkeep

Okay, it's been quiet.
The travelers should be rested up now.
Did ANYTHING interesting happen at Pennsic?
Curiously,
Gunthar
(Duke Kein did casually inform me of 40 or so Ansteorrans
whomping 200 Midrealmers. Of course that's probably exaggeration.
Y'all know what a liar he is.)