ANST - Estrella

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:42:56 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/29/1999 9:56:36 AM CST, ozy at door.net writes:
>What kind of presence does Ansteorra typically project at Estrella?
>  How is the fighting?>>  -Erazmus

Last year was the only Estrella I have ever missed.  It was at the new site,
and while the new site is no where near as neat or pretty and the old one,
it does have some good features.

There is a battle pit which looked to me like tremendous fun when I went on
the "new site tour" before moving here, and there is a neat perm site for
grand court, and it is true there are always tons of merchants.

The fighting is good and there is lots of it.  The climate is much drier
than here, although very,very dusty, and if you attend you have to plan on
dealing with weather than can be anything from very hot and dry to cold and
wet.

I have no less than two shoe boxes full of pictures of the battle field and
other stuff from past Estrella's.  If anyone is interested email me
privately and I will lug them out to an event for you to see.

Because the war is so close to our own Kingdom's Gulf War, last year we
chose to miss Estrella and plan for Gulf War.

We have tentative plans to go in 2000 and would be glad to help create an
Ansteorran encampment there if there is enough interested people attending.
One of the local Barony's offered to host us and anyone from Ansteorra who
was far from home and needed a friendly place to camp.  If there is anyone
interested, just email me :)

Larissa