ANST - Its Just .....

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:58:17 PDT 1999

> > Maybe so, but the movie in question (just like the book) never
> > claimed to be anything but fiction, very, very loosely based on
> > history.
>
>And all anyone was doing was pointing out, for those who might perhaps
>be under a mistaken impression to the contrary, the extent to which it
>was not, in fact, based on history.
>
> > Based on that, there is no need to go overboard crying about
> > historical inaccuracies.
>
>Well, "overboard" is in the eye of the beholder. I, for example, don't
>think that the criticisms voiced of the movie were "overboard".
>
> >  It's not like the movie was "Braveheart".
>
>Oh, so it's a difference of degree? It's okay to criticize
>"Braveheart", but not "13th Warrior"? And who decides that?
>
> > Now, I feel that making vague insults, or belittling people that
> > state this fact is what doesn't belong here.
>
>As you are doing with respect to me? Funny thing to complain about
>something that you appear to have no compunction doing yourself.
>
>Hypocrisy, that's certainly something that doesn't belong here.

Up until recently,  I had not subscribed to this list.  The SCA list I
belonged to was enough information.  But then I decided to join the rest of
the world and see what was happening.
I'm beginning to regret my decision.
It doesn't matter if the movie was historically accurate.  Or if it was just
a movie.  It doesn't matter if it was based on this book or that.  It's just
entertainment.  And to insult,  argue,  inflame tempers,  or break-up
friendship is not right.
The SCA is about a dream.  And honor.  And chivalry.  Unless my definitions
of these words are wrong,  this thread has little to do with these words.
So could we stop the name calling and insults and get back to talking with
friends about the dream we are all trying to live?

Toshiro Koi

Ansteorra