ANST - Gulf War Middle Eastern Information

SWallis614 at aol.com SWallis614 at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 08:06:40 PST 1999

Greetings unto the Ansteorran list from Mistress Edwina,

 I'm sending you information about the Middle Eastern classes, camping in the
Middle Eastern Encampment and stuff.  I don't have a contact in Trimaris, so
if someone could post this to the any Trimarian list, please do so.

We will have dance, drum and lecture type classes.  But we need instructors
in all categories!!  Tell us what days you are available.  Volunteers can
contact:  Chaya-vati Palkar (Tshaya)
Lisa McKinney
987-A Alloway PL  SE
Atlanta GA  30316
404/624-0099
twonomads at mindspring.com

Or me Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
Sue Moon
1417 N. Rust Rd.
Grain Valley MO  64029
816/847-5191
swallis614 at aol.com

Ansteorran contact
Katya
Kate Cofrin
16018 Constitution
Friendswood TX 77058
281/648-7885 not after 10 pm
katyacat at aol.com

Camp coordinators:

Me and
Daniel of Raven's Nest
Dani Eder
1371 Wilhite Road
Falkville  AL  35622
205/739-3593
ederd at worldnet.att.com

Every night is party night -- drummers and dancers welcomed!  We supply the
tent and gathering area, you bring refreshments, drums, friends, etc.
Friday night is the dance/music competition.  Categories are beginner,
intermediate, advanced and professional level solo dance, troupe, children,
and music divided between drum and non-drum instruments.  It will start after
whatever court(s) are that night -- hopefully by 8 PM.  Time limits are 5
minutes for solos, 10 minutes for troupes.  We will start with beginners and
children and work through each category  with judging in between.  This way
the prize scrolls can be given right there.  And everyone entering or playing
gets a scroll.  Times and details could change on site.  Pray it does not
rain like last year!

Anyone camping in the Middle Eastern Encampment will need to contact me or
Daniel of Raven's Nest to give us their tent dimensions so we can have an
organized camp.  We picked "Middle Eastern" as the group camp name (the
obvious choice) to put that on the preregistration forms.  We need people's
names, tent size, arrival date, and preferences on where they want to be
(near certain other people, close Or far from the class tents, etc.)  We will
need volunteers to help police the party area each night and be around in
case there are questions or problems.  One person cannot do it alone.  And
you need to be aware we will have parties every night, although I camped next
to the dance tent and had no problem sleeping but I was usually pretty tired
too.

Lastly, I live in another kingdom now and this is more difficult to do than
before for many reasons.  So next year, someone else will have to be in
charge of all this.  So think about it and hopefully, someone will volunteer
to do this next year!  Yeah, that's the ticket!  Edwina