ANST - Documentation from the Viewpoint of an Aethelmearc Laurel

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Feb 17 12:05:52 PST 1999

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:
> here's another viewpoint on documentation, this time from the opposite coast.  Mistress Nicolaa does lots of big research papers -- take a look at Stefan's Florilegium Files if you have any doubts.  But she also has some very useful ideas about writing documentation for A&S Competitions
>
> -------------------
> Mistress Nicolaa de Bracton, Ealdormere "Susan Carroll-Clark" <sclark at chass.utoronto.ca>
>
> An article I wrote on documentation (with special reference to A&S
> competitions, in this case, with an eye to the Middle's) is at
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/5145/reas.html
> Help yourself!

I'm not sure if I have this article in my Florilegium or not. However, here are
some additional articles that are in the NICOLAA'S ARTICLES section of the
Florilegium that might be of interest:

Crit-Research-art (12K)  9/ 5/97    "Getting the Most Out of Your Research".
local-hist-art    (13K)  8/27/97    "Using Local Histories for SCA Research"
R-EP-Costume-art  (13K) 12/ 4/97    "Researching Early Period Costume".

Newspaper editors, Nicolaa's articles would make good articles for local
newsletters and she gives permission for them to be reprinted so long as
she receives credit and a copy. I have many more from her, and more to
come when I find time to edit them, that have nothing to do with A&S
documentation.

My files can be found on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net

PS: Gunnora's excellant article on A&S documentation should be available in
the Florilegium shortly.