ANST - Grants and "qualities"...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Feb 19 08:04:00 PST 1999

Ld. Robert James MacLeod said something that sounded like:
> Also, most of those who receive GoAs are prominent members of their
> local (at least, regional quite a lot) groups, either officially, or
> unofficially, which takes a certain amount of,...well..., call it inner
> nobility.

My question is regarding the outer nobility. Should the person have
tact, manners, diplomacy, etc, skills? Are these requirements for these
awards or do we assume that because someone has put in the "time" that
they internally have these but have not figured out how to express them
outwardly?

> For certain this does not hold true in all cases, but no system is perfect.

That is the case for all awards. We are still at the whim of the Crown
and the miscommunication of information between individuals. A good
Crown tries to make sure they do the right thing, but that doesn't mean
they have all the information to make a good decision.

Ciao,