ANST - Centurian award

Rick Drake rdrake at okom.net
Thu Feb 25 10:45:13 PST 1999

Sir Burke said:

>I have seen the Sable Falcon given by the Crown on a number of occasions
>when the Crown did not witness the actual deeds, but was told of them by
>members of the Chivalry or Centurions.  In situations like Gulf Wars or
>Pennsic it is sometimes very hard for the Crown to see what others are
>doing in the middle of the battles (especially if they are fighting for
>their very lives!).  Remember that anyone can recommend to the Crown, any
>person, for any award.

Ah thank you for correcting me.  I had always thought that it was only given
out under direct observation of the crown.  Also is it directly related to
fighting in wars?  Or can it be given out for prowess on the tourny field
also?  We have lots of fighters that don't go to wars and vice versa.

Ainar