Gulf Wars (was: ANST - Titles)

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Wed Feb 3 16:31:47 PST 1999

At 02:40 PM 2/2/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I am going as well, and this will also be my first really large event. Any
>suggestions on what to bring would be very much appreicated.
>

>> So .... I'm going to GulfWars this year ... it will be my first major event.
>> Anyone who cares to offer bits of advice on things such as etiquette or
>> packing ... please email me ... DierdrSybl at aol.com, thanks ;)
>>
>> :::sheesh:::
>> Dierdre ....................... gypsy in Wiesenfeuer ;)

As someone who has been to 3 GW's (my traveling companion has been to ALL of
them)  I may offer some insite.  First you must pack for very cold weather.
It was below freezing a lot last year.  Layers are very good.  Second you
must pack for very hot weather.  I sweated off several pounds (much needed)
the year before last.  Layers are good.  Light weight very warm (read as
down comforters) bedding is good.  Another important thing is very
comfortable shoes.  At least 2 pair.  You can't believe how spread out this
sight is.  Much walking.  And you must always count on the wet stuff falling
from the skies part of the time.

The food situtation is doable.  I am assuming you are traveling by
automobile of some kind.  We always wait and buy our parishable food from
the stores there.  We have found the qualities to be very good.  Some things
that are from the local area should be taken though.  Such as good chili
beans.  For some reason theirs don't taste the same :)  March is also a
month ahead of the Vidalia onion season!  This was a big disappointment to me.

Also 2 chairs are nice if you have them and don't mind other pepople sitting
in one of them.  That way you can leave one at the battle field (the one
other people will sit in when you are not there) and one to leave in camp.
This helps on the stuff to carry back and forth.  A second, smaller cooler
is good to take to the list field also.  That way you have cold drinks and
wet cloths for the hot weather and your fighter if you have one.

Hopefully these bits of info will have helped some in small way.  Drop by
and see me at the Loch Ruadh encampment at war.  Not hard to find especially
at night.  We are the ones singing together all night!

Looking forward and packing,
Bice di Pietro

	Chris Harper
      -bice at flash.net-

      Always remember, "Everybody is somebody else's weirdo".