ANST - Combat slings at Gulf Wars?

Christopher D. Baran rrhms at texoma.net
Thu Feb 4 13:46:58 PST 1999

	Good gentle,

	Last year I was allowed to sling during Gulf Wars.  I have been using a sling in the SCA for about 6 years now and have found that using a regular split tennis ball I can get as great a range as an archer, though not as great as accuracy.  I am able to hit a man sized target at about 35 yards (when I am in practice).  Meridies has a set of rules for the creation of slings.  They may only be of a certain length due to the amount of power the weapon generates.  As for them being accepted in this Kingdom, I believe they are able to be used on a case by case basis.  (Keef, please tell me if I am wrong on this)  Besides myself I do not know of any other slingers in the Kingdom.  I would be happy to show you my sling at Gulf Wars since I will be going and slinging there.

	Centurion Romanius