Administrative...(was Re: ANST - Alcohol)

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 7 15:43:07 PST 1999

From: Azrael <Azrael at cyber-wizard.com>
:I think I missed something here..... :Rule # 1 Don't argue with the King
:Rule # 2 Don't Argue with A Marshall :Rule # 3 Don't Argue with the List
Admin

How are the king\marshall\administator going to know what the members of
their 'reign' want if they act like sheep and blindly follow the leader?
Besides I thought it was a discussion. Determining parameters or the chain
of events is different than arguing with a king\marshall\administator.
I said I respected the hard work of the officials. But sometimes extensive
lists of what leaders should do are wrong.

:These are pretty good rules....<G>..

I prefer the "treat them as you wish to be treated" rule...

:Your not going to win in any case, the rules of our Society, our Kingdom
and

Again, I thought it was a dialectic, not a competition.

:our Virtual Kingdom exist for the greater good of all, now there have been
:several times when I disagree with the way these rules are implemented or
:the rules themselves. But I obey them simply because to break them would
:cause problems for more than myself.. it would cause problems for all.

I am not a pasifist, blindly following the rules does not leave room to
question authority, and if we don't question authority, the world would
still be flat, the sun would still revolve around the Earth, and we would
all speak German.

:know of several SCA related "general chat" mailing list and IRC chat rooms,
:and these are far more appropriate as a venue for this type of discussion.

I don't believe in segregation either. The delete key is to handy. I wasn't
looking to have general chat with the Known World, just Ansteorra where I
live, the kingdom I try to support.

:Pug is just doing his job, the same job I do in mundane life, and Im sure
he
:doesn't need any extra grief over doing it well.

Pug is doing a great job, perhaps the edicts of his tourture are too
restrictive.

:If you would like I can forward the addresses of the list I mentioned to

Please. Marrock at msn.com , I am begining to feel even more unwelcome on one
of my kingdom's lists.

:you, or if you would like one set up specifically for Ansteorra I would be
:happy to accommodate you.

Do we have to reinvent the wheel?

:Its easy to bitch and attack, much harder to swallow your pride and say
"I'm
:sorry", but its time to stop being part of the problem and start being part
:of the solution..

I may be good at bitching and attacking (thanks MacKnochard), but I believe
my point to be a solution to the problem.
Insetead of saying I was saddened previously, perhaps I should have worded
it that I was sorry that this list wasn't a place to chat and banter with
other Ansteorrans. Because I am very sorry that we can't just all get along.

In service to the Dream

Lord Merrik Viltar Har or Marrock Wild Hair
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Squired to His Excellency Sir Barn Silveraxe
Northern Region
Barony of Northkeep
Knight Marshall of Northkeep
Virtual Scribe of Northkeep
House Aldri Tree
(Probably the next to be exiled from Northkeep)