ANST - Admenstrative

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 7 17:42:18 PST 1999

From: Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net>
:I did not say anything was mean, radical or anything. I said it was
:off-topic for this list. It was what appeared to be people making jokes
:at each other and not a general discussion involving any aspect of the
:SCA except by the remote fact that the people involved were in the SCA.

Being in the SCA isn't remote by any means, it takes a lot of hard work,
time, money, stuff, travel, deligence, and above all patience.

:This is not a "chat" board for people to discuss whatever fancy they
:find.

Absolutely, programing, astronomy, physics, go else where. As an Ansteorran,
I find relevance talking with another Ansteorran whom I wouldn't speak with,
perhaps, unless he WAS another Ansteorran. I understand mediation, but it
seemls like censorship, which it is, but it feels like CENSORSHIP. It also
feels like we aren't supposed to get to know one another, or that it is a
bad thing. Heck I don't even know what part of Ansteorra KM is from, but he
is Ansteorran. Now, I am looking forward to meeting this gentle(?), thanks
to you, to your hard work, and to this list, regardless of the dictates on
relevancy for this list. How can bringing this desire to meet another
Ansteorran be an irrevlevan thing? Everyone must find posts directed to
diverse and small groups of Ansteorrans, as posts that have no relevance to
them or their part in the SCA, but I find it comforting. ""FOR INSTANCE"",
the archers use this list to "CHAT", even thought there is an SCA-Archery
list, about get togethers and poke fun, it gives me a flavor for those
Ansteorran's I don't know or communicate with often. Yet, when "their" posts
seem to have gone on for days and days, when I have gotten enough "flavor",
the delete key is so easy to use, I have even done a mantra, this email is
the icehole at QT ummmm, DELETE hahahahaaa. A great stress reliever. Isn't
this a social and not acaste society.

:As well, *if* someone is willing to administer such a list for the
:populace of our Kingdom, I would be willing to create it for them as
:long as they fully realize the issues involved. (Which I will be glad to
:explain to anyone in detail privately.)

Set it up, I'll administer it. Yet, it would be a disservice to this
ever-growing cyber kingdom(as shown above) .

:I'm sorry that this is an inconvenience to a couple individuals.

Again not inconvenienced, just disillusioned.

Merrik
**heavy sigh, apologies to all.....**