ANST - Administrative

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 7 21:38:13 PST 1999

:Maybe you don't understand. Yes, I will censor you. I am a list nazi
:and will simply make you disappear if I must.

Very sorry to hear you see yourself as an idea killer. Yes I understand,
death by keyboard, (as a Computer Science (primary major) with a minor in
Math, and an Electrical Engineer (secondary major) with a minor in
Mechanichal Engineering student believe me, I understand) I am possible
taking my last breaths even now. I think you have the some of the very best
"filters\censors" around. It seems there have even been a personal post or
two when a paticularly slippery one gets through. I just didn't realize the
filter's would shut down a human facet of a member of OUR cyber-kingdom.
In anyone's camp\court, if their behaivor is less than a stab at the golden
rule, I depart, however I feel the Ansteorran List intellectualy belongs to
it's members. You may remove me from the Ansteorran List, but you can't make
me 'disapear'. Besides if I don't show up for dinner, you will have to
answer to the wife, and she has red hair, you do the math. Regardless, there
would always be a cordial "Helsia" at events in common.

:I truly despise anytime someone makes me take up the administrator
:cloak. I hate it even more when someone doesn't have the common decency
:to listen to my request and actually think upon it thus making the
:problem worse.

Sincerly apologies for making you be the "parent", but one of your flock
thinks they(I) have something to say, and they(I) don't think they(I) am in
the wrong.
I haven't really enjoyed this either. I am dismayed if you can not hear the
thought and concern I put into my words.
In a previous post, I requested a definition of relevant to which you
replied (quote) "No", saying there were several reason's but (quote) "The
primary being that the list is an ever changing beast and thus the
guidelines change due to need", isn't that what this conversation is all
about?
If I didn't care, I wouldn't bother, therefore as I do care I AM NOT trying
to make the problem worse. Appearantly I have asked for a change to the
list, which is ever changing, however the list balks and says, no. Why?

:I do not take any of this lightly. I do not make arbitrary decisions
:based on my own personal whims. I must do what I can for the Kingdom via
:this and other lists that I maintain. Not everyone has to agree with me,
:but it is what *I* feel is best.

As I feel my point is equally good, and not everyone will agree with me
either, I am not taking any of your words or my repsonses lighty, nor
whimsically. As you have offered to make me disapear from the list, my heart
pounds and my fingers shake, I wasn't looking for a fight, I was looking for
aquaintances, and perhaps friends, and I can't believe that is not for the
best or relevant. I also understand that I have the right of way even when I
am under the speeding vehicle.

:It is not that simple. I will explain to you tomorrow in private what is
:involved with such a list, including *my* issues. After that, I would
:recommend you discuss with your Knight, Count Barn, the ramifications
:that this will have upon you, both mundane and Society, before you make
:a decision.

I already administer a list in Ansteorra, one you created at my request. I
"believe" I understand the ramifications. Perhaps not, perhaps I am
completely in the wrong. However, I don't consider any of my posts at ANY
time to the list to have been private conversations with an individual,
directed to an individual perhaps, but OPEN to ALL, it doesn't feel wrong,
but neither did stepping in front of that speeding vehicle.
Perhaps having so many "private" issues is part of the problem.
If you require me to consult with my Knight, I will as it will be made a
requirement to serve my Kingdom, however, as much as I love and respect
"Dad", he is my teacher and guide, a mentor if you wish, but I make my own
decisions and mistakes, and do my best to stand still for any punishment as
well as any reward.

Until tomorrow (unless I get banned from the clubhouse)
With respect and questions....
Merrik