ANST - Re: IRC (was Re: Administrative)

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon Feb 8 14:21:26 PST 1999

On 8 Feb 99, at 14:35, Pug Bainter wrote:

>   Although I am not interested, I think this would be a great service to
>   the Kingdom. Although it would be something that people would have to
>   know about, it would have the advantage that you know people are
>   interested in the Kingdom of Ansteorra since they sought it out.
>
>   I hope that others take you up on this offer and that it becomes a
>   benefit to the Kingdom.

from experience, there is a downside to IRC ... it tends to to be even more
"exclusive" than elists or newsgroups (complexity, intimidation, whatever).

one complaint is that these extant lists represent a small subset of the
SCAdian (cyber-elite ... ++g), a IRC chat-channel, would have a even smaller
subset ... to my mind, a much better solution would be a chat-specific, open,
(un-moderated???) list.  this would allow those who want it to easily sub/unsub
... if setup the way these regular lists are setup, as a parallel option, would
serve well

one easy elist option, ONELIST.COM.  self subscribes to several special
interets lists hosted there.  simple list setup, anyone can create just about
anything.  easy sub/unsub options  (for anyone looking for more messages each
day, check it out ...g)

as always. my observations and opinions, your mileage may vary.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves