ANST - Lyonnesse Webpage Update

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Feb 8 21:00:59 PST 1999

Greetings, all you who travel towards the mystical Island of Lyonnesse
for that far-famed meeting of warriors, the Tournee de Lyonnesse, March
5-7.

Preparations upon the Isle of Lyonnesse proceed apace, we hear from
correspondents in Bjornsborg, who have recently returned from the Isle,
where they guested with Lady Lyonnesse and her court. Word of the
preparations for the great Tournament have been heard and shared, and we
make them available by the hand of the scribe at
http://www.realtime.com/~gunnora/lyonnesse.

Provided here the prospective traveller to Lyonnesse shall find maps
left by former travellers to the magical Isle, the Rules of Combat for
the lists upon the Four Fields of Lyonnesse, suggestions for comportment
recorded from one of the past Defenders of Lyonnesse.  In addition, each
of the Ladies of the Four Fields, Lady Hawk, Lady Dragon, Lady Stag, and
Lady Bear, have sent their greetings and have given word of the
refreshment and prizes that they expect to provide during the
Tournament.

All warriors, ladies, and artisans, bring you to Lyonnesse!

The day will be filled with high pageantry as warriors fight for the
lady who sponsors them to the lists, and as each combatant strives to
make his name shine not only by deeds of arms, but by his or her heart
and presence.

The ladies who sponsor these warriors will be regally guested by the
Lady of the Field where her warrior fights, and will serve as
consultants to the Lady of the Field as to the best fighters and most
attentive and entertaining combatants (not to mention entertainment
provided by the Ladies, and wagers on outcomes ferried by pages between
the various Fields).

Artisans should likewise come prepared to strive, for as each Lady of
the Fields will choose a Field Champion, and Lady Lyonnesse will choose
an overall Champion and other Defenders of the Isle, so too will there
be artisans chosen as champions for the Four Fields, and a great
champion for the Isle of Lyonnesse, where many artistic marvels have
been seen over the years.

If you have never travelled to Lyonnesse, let me tell you that I have
served as Lady, and as Warrior and as Artisan, and that no finer
tournament, no finer nobility, gentility, and courtesy, no better
pageantry and spectacle, are to be held anywhere else.

I hope to see you, fellow traveller, upon the fair shores of the Isle of
Lyonnesse.

::GUNNORA::