ANST - Ansteorran Rapier Web Site

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Feb 9 08:52:30 PST 1999

Greetings!

Recently, Baron Kazimir, our Kingdom Rapier Marshal and my Don, mentioned that
Ansteorra should have its own Rapier web site.
Our rapier community has a rich history and an amazing amount of published
material, which is currently available only to those who have access to old
copies of our Academy of the Rapier publications.  This is unfortunate-  our
community has information and guidance to share with those of other kingdoms, as
well as our own newer fighters, but it's currently not terribly accessible.

Because I'm avoiding doing the 80 gazillion things that I'm supposed to do for
Tempio, Lyonesse, and Gulf War, I began outlining an Ansteorra Rapier web site
last night.  The main headings at this stage of development are:

The Order of the White scarf: (History, Constitution, Companions, Treaties, What
is a Don?, Where are the Dons?, Don Lineage)

Marshalate Issues: (List of Marshals, Kingdom Rules, Kingdom Forms, The
Marshalate Handbook, Society rules, Rules of the List)

Cadets: (What is a Cadet?, Who are the Cadets?, Famous Cadet Tricks)

Awards and Honors (Companion of WS, Queen's Rapier, Champion, Blade of Honor)

Advice/Information for the New Rapier Combatant

Handbooks of the Academies of the Rapier

Other Rapier-Related Publications

Misc. Fun.

Where to Buy Stuff

Great Rapier Links
___________________________________
What I need....Permissions and Help.

*Permissions- Otto and Don Dore...can I mooch off your sites to consolidate
publications and the rules into one site?
*Anybody who has contributed to an Academy of the Rapier Booklet, I would love
to have your permission to put your material on the web.  I also would
tremendously appreciate any electronic copies of past publications.
*Anybody who wants to scan and OCR any of the Academy articles that we get
permission to  use, but aren't available electronically, would be greatly
appreciated.
*Electronic copies of old cadet trick stories or major bedevilments.
*Permission to have an email-linked Candy Cane list, from those contained in
it.  Someone to create such a list.
*A compilation of great rapier Internet sites.
*A compilation of online merchants who sell rapier stuff.
*Nifty information to include as a description of the individual Dons
*Electronic files of Don photos, for Dons who were not at the recent Queen's
champion tourney.
*Whatever else you can think of thta will be a great addition to this site....

Thanks!

Ly Isobel Grace Hadleigh
Cadet to Don Kazimir
Bjornsborg, Ansteorra