ANST - coinage ... was: seeking info on Eastern Dance supplies

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Feb 9 09:41:45 PST 1999

On 9 Feb 99, at 11:03, Cody Chezem wrote:

> I am looking for sources for Eastern Dance supplies specifically loose
> coins. I have been to Chandra's web site but wish to see what other
> sources are available.

which spins off a thread i was discussion with the local rebel faction ...
errr, ...  barbarian's .. errr ... nevermind.

anyone out there doing anything with *making* coins ???  being a keltoi type
with a fondness for metal, it's something near and dear to my heart and have
been encouraged to look into figuring out how to create "art coins"

would'nt it be a nice touch for each reign, organizational entity, household
... to have it's own unique "commemoratives" if they so wished ???.  bronze,
silver, ??? .... maybe a line of mass produced "trade coins" ("hack silver"
???) ... locally i know a couple local artisans who make *nice* "concho's" and
buttons from any and all coins, would be a nice sideline  ... anyone want your
kings/knights face on your boot/spur straps ... grin)

is this being done in other kingdoms???, if so any leads ????   .... anyone
have the contact information for the artisan that does these at TRF (and
Scarborough ????)

any references (books, online, etc ...), tips, etc welcome and encouraged ...

"we" (the "tribal-we") were granted such a marvelous holding in our last land
court (Enchanted Rock mundanely, really need to get around to renaming it ...),
and feel it would a suitable and most-excellent place to establish (virtually
of course) a keltoi "mint" as our the first "industry"

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves