ANST - bards/parasites question

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Feb 9 09:56:55 PST 1999

On 9 Feb 99, at 11:23, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> You are also confusing bards and minstrels.  ... In Irish culture, a
> travelling bard was treated as an honored guest.  ...  A minstrel was a
> travelling entertainer of no import other than the hospitality due any
> traveller and his ability to entertain.

how far they had fallen by the later periods ... i find these social changes
quite interesting in the ways they reflect the changes in society over time.

needless to say, i've always preferred focusing on these earlier times where
things are closer to the understandings of my heart and soul about how things
*should* be.  this "late period" stuff is just way too "modern" for this
barbarian boyo ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves