ANST - RE: Coins for Eastern Dance Costumes

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Tue Feb 9 19:04:26 PST 1999

Thorvald <odin at okom.net> asked:
>I am looking for sources for Eastern Dance supplies specifically
> loose coins. I have been to Chandra's web site but wish to see
> what other sources are available.

I recommend trying South Pacific Wholesale.  They are a wholesale jewellry supplier who mainly carry stuff like semi-precious and glass beads, but also odds and ends of other stuff.

In their most recent catalog, they had about three or four types of oriental coins, pierced for hanging.  Some had one hole, others had one-and-one, one-and-three, and one-and-four holes on opposite sides.  I don't
recall the price, but I just bought 70 lbs of beads for $83 (which included the UPS costs)... very affordable.

Those of you who are looking to stock up on ransoms for Lyonnesse, there are also pre-strung necklaces, including semiprecious gem chips, some beaded necklaces, Mexican silver abalone-set bracelets, carved stone candle
holders, and lots more stuff that would make good ransoms.

Their contact info is:
South Pacific WholeSale Co.
http://www.beading.com
mailto:sopacvt at aol.com