ANST - TO ALL WHO HAVE EVER HUMMED AT ALL

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Feb 10 13:52:56 PST 1999

Nicolette DeLeon wrote:

> I have begun work on a bardic book for the known world.  If you have ever
> written a song for the SCA, know a song for the SCA or know someone who does,
> please have them write down the words (and music if applicable) and send it to
> me with the following: Name of the song/peom, name of the author/s, name of the
> musician who wrote the music for it, kingdom it originated in, and a release
> form stating that you give Shannon Curry and Rachel Coleman permission to
> PUBLISH your work in the "bard book from hell". We have not found a name for it
> yet.

You might try looking through these files in the PERFORMANCE ARTS section
of my Florilegium:

songs-msg         (48K) 10/13/93    SCA and medieval songs.
songs2-msg        (99K) 12/ 6/95    More songs.
poems-msg         (23K)  9/ 9/96    Poems written by SCA folks. Period poetry.

My Florilegium can be found at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

While you will still need to contact the original authors, this might give
you an idea of who had written certain songs and even some email addresses,
although many of these addresses will likely be obsolete.

You are undertaking an awesomely large project. Best of luck.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net