ANST - War College (was Missed opportunity)

Michael Tucker michaelt at mechatronics.com
Mon Feb 15 06:52:40 PST 1999

"Michael F. Gunter" wrote:
> > I'd rather be fighting.
>
> Glad to hear that. So where were you and your brethren this weekend at
> the Gulf Wars War College? The turnout was rather disappointing in spite
> of the fact that those who did show up trained hard and had a wonderful
> time. Hopefully there will be a better turnout at the Northern War College
> next weekend.
>
> Gunthar

Yes, I fervently second that thought! Looking at the numbers, someone said to
me: "Hmmm... this is the *big* war practice for the southern half of the
kingdom, so - in theory - these numbers on the field ought to represent about
1/2 - or, to allow for no-shows, etc., maybe 1/3 - of our fighting force at Gulf
Wars. If that's the case, we're going to get *stomped* about 5 to 1!"

Being the force of 100 in a 500-to-100 field battle can be a source of great
glory, but it sure is ugly and painful!

Yours in service,
Michael Silverhands