ANST - Documentation

Jackie ulrica at nwol.net
Mon Feb 15 14:06:18 PST 1999

    I beg to differ.  In my opinion, the research is what should come first.
We are a recreation society.  Therefore, it makes sense the we would go to
history to see what we can see before we even begin to do a project.  For
me, finding Primary Source documentation is often difficult but the
wonderful thing is to find that what I had in mind was so close to the
actual peice.  It serves a a good check to being in the right frame of mind
to work.  Much of what documentaion is about is not about writing reams of
paper.  It is to show that you have really looked at how they did something
in period and then documented what materials and methods you used to
reproduce it.  It also allows you to justify substitutions and give a
fantastic opportunity to tell them a little about your creativity in the
process.

Just my two cents.
Ulrica B.