ANST - Re: Documentation (Gunnora Soapbox Alert - Looonnng!)

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:25:50 PST 1999

"Russell Husted" <husted at hotmail.com> said (in response to Michael
Silverhand's comments)
> I would like to see two kinds of A&S. I would like to see an artisans
competition as well as the A&S as it currently is. I do many periodish
crafts that I have no way to document, much less wish to waste massive
amounts of time on doing documentation for my less important endevours.
<snip>

Gunnora<snip>
If it's "periodish" it probably belongs in a fantasy society's A&S, not
in the SCA. Tolkein is "periodish".  So are elf costumes.If the
materials are period, and/or construction methods are period, and/or
final apperance is period, and similar items existed within period, then
chances are that you could actually document it.
<end Gunnora snip>

Periodish, as defined by Mahee:
     It would make sence for someone to have tried it, but I cann't
prove that someone did, IE: I am currently card weaving a belt.-thats
period. I am weaving the belt in such a way that there is a point at the
end-don't know if that is period or not. I am doing my own design, and
not following any pattern I know of as being period. I am adding a braid
into my pattern-no idea of that is period either.

Periodish-not fantasy