ANST - Documentation

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Tue Feb 16 08:12:20 PST 1999

On 16 Feb 99,, Russell Husted wrote:

> There is no forum for the newby, or dabbler. I would like to see two
> competitions sit side by side, not as equals, but side by side. One which
> requires everything, and the other which is just "Overall Impression" Let
> the newbies play as well without the "threat" of documentation hanging
> over their heads.

Now wait a minute, that "threat" is only 20%. The only reason to
worry about that 20% is if you think it may make the difference
between whether you win or not. If you are new to a field, winning
an A&S with your entry is probably a remote possibility anyway (not
unlike the odds of winning your first tournament, eh?).

So take 10 minutes to write down how you did what you did. I have
done this on some of my work. No research, no sources, just "how I
did it". You won't get full points, but so what?

There is no reason to stress and obsess about a measly 20%. As
with fighting, A&S competition is about more than winning.

Don Christian Doré