ANST - artistic possibility was Periodish

Cameron Lewis camlewis at swbell.net
Tue Feb 16 15:26:12 PST 1999

ches wrote:

> I think there is a difference between periodish and artistic possibility.
> My example would be a forged iron rose,
> http://www.fremlinsforgery.com/forgedrose.html ,
> yes the techniques used for forging the rose are all documentable BUT the
> idea of applying those techniques in creating the rose cannot be
> documented.

I will have to disagree here.

If you can document iron sculpture in period and you can document floral
decoration in metal or document another flower forged in iron, you could
use a piece like that in an A&S.  As long as you put the differences and
similarities into your documentation then you should be fine.  The idea
could be there if the practice was not left for us to see.

I seem to remember people saying hot pink was not documentable until
someone did a couple of years ago.

Sir Alrek