ANST - Bard .NE. Minstrel

Weiszbrod, Barbara Ann (Barbara)** CTR ** baw2 at lucent.com
Wed Feb 17 07:48:09 PST 1999

Amra,

First let me assure you that when comments are made in the well thought out,
calm manner that you made yours, there is no need to worry about me taking
it as a personal affront.  I might not agree with you, but we learn more
from our dissagreements than from those who's opinion we already share.

I just want to say again that documentation need not be this scarey,
impossible thing that many people think it is.  You tell me that the oral
tradition makes it impossible to have copies of works from the time of their
origination.  Okay, there is some reason why you know this.  That is part of
your documentation.  You say that creating is art, and I agree, but there
was some original story or song that made you beleive that your creation is
in the proper format.  That is your documentation.

I think that we get caught up in the "have to have a primary source" thing,
and forget that many small arguements can add up to one big one.  If you
have sources that support the style, the basic story line, the method of
presentation, or what have you, that is all good documentation.

Alys.