ANST - Documentation (wordy)

ches ches at io.com
Wed Feb 17 13:01:53 PST 1999

Last year I ran the Steppes Artisan competition. It is a body of work
competition where documentation is requested. At least the one I did
requested documentation. As part of the sign in for the artisans there was
a sheet explaining that if they did not bring documentation to please fill
out the following information and have it on the table with your entry. It
was the questions that Gunnora posted earlier for what to put on a 3x5
card. Along with the artisan competition were three displays, a first
effort display, a scroll painting display, and a children's display. All
three were encouraged but not required to have documentation. Most had
documentation.

This went over rather well and everyone had documentation on their tables
that were competing. All it took was the effort of one person, the
autocrat, and following through by the gate person as each artisan signed
in. The rest the artisans seem all to glad to do. You give a little, we
give a little, it is a team effort. We have to begin somewhere. Baby
steps grow into leaps for mankind.

Now the other part of the event that did not work that is probably antoher
one of those baby steps, getting a copy of the documentation for
publication. Not many were able to get us a copy of what they wanted
published. I now carry a second set of my documentation with me if not
just my bibliography to give to whomever asks cause I always get asked.

Sincerely,
F. Havas
ches at io.com