ANST - Hack? Or Skilled Wordsmithing!

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 15:49:17 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/17/99 3:44:29 PM Central Standard Time, gunnora at bga.com
writes:

<< Any hack can slap together loose verse.  Wordsmithing a poem to the
dictates of a rigid form
 requires true artistry.  You have to make EVERY word count, you must select
the exact right word
 to both convey your meaning and to fit the form.  It ain't easy, but it IS
rewarding.

 ::GUNNORA::

I have to agree. And it is hard to do, very hard. I only have a few original
poems due to the laws of early poetic structure in Ireland.
I stick to story-telling for the most part, relying on period images, phrases
and plot schemes. That's how I earn my whiskey!
~HL Fionnagan