ANST - Performance Documentation (was Bard .NE. Minstrel)

Donald Riney dariusobells at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:58:24 PST 1999

I would offer a mild correction on one statement here, " but in
competition we aspire to a higher bar than we do in the circles at an
event." to me this is simply not the case. perhaps better to say that at
a cmpetition we aspire to a _different_ bar. I know that most performers
in the SCA will at both private circles and competition work their butt
off in order to invoke a mood, or perhaps direct an audiance to a
certain subject for consideration. I myself find the competitions a bit
easier, At those circles I know the Audiance is there to see and hear
people perform. Therefore I am totaly open to shift the mood of the
audiance to whatever suits my peice. where in a private circles a totaly
new set of skills must be aquired, Judging the mood of an audiance,
Making your entrance, figuring what peice might enhance the mood of
_Their_ circle. so really competition isn't a higher bar just different.
I findthat doing resaerch and a little documentation now and then only
helps me to invoke a "Period mood"

Darius of the Bells