ANST - Pewter Casting class

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Feb 18 09:00:13 PST 1999

After my recent message about the pewter casting class that I will be teaching
on Thursday and Friday morning at Gulf Wars, I had several inquiries about
teaching the class closer to home, such as at Lyonesse.

Unfortunately the Event Steward for Lyonesse has told me such a class
would be inappropriate for Lyonesse as they wish to keep the interest
on the tournament and the A&S display.

This class is listed in the recent Ansteorra class list put together by
Mistress Teleri ferch Pawl and I have held this class at a regular
Sunday meeting at the Shire of Tempio as well as regular SCA events. If an
event site has the appropriate facilities and I have permission of the
Event Steward I am willing to hold the class at other events, either
impromptu or as a formal class.

Unfortunately, for the last few years the King's College classes have
been held in indoor, lecture hall settings which are not conducive to
this type of class.

I started out learning this craft from a series of email messages. Since
that time I have greatly expanded this collection of articles and messages.
As I mentioned before they can be found in this file in the CRAFTS
section of my Florilegium files:
casting-msg       (85K)  8/28/97    Casting pewter and other metals.

I highly recommend those thinking of trying this craft to look through
this file, even if you will be taking my class later.

For those interested in other crafts, you might find some of the other
files in this section useful as I try to fill them with comments from
useful hands-on experience and referances.

For those still listening, the address of my Florilegium files is:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Sorry to disappoint those who won't be at Gulf Wars who asked about
the class.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra