ANST - Boffers

B. Byers phantom at camalott.com
Fri Feb 19 06:36:19 PST 1999

Greetings,

    I would happily assist the Kingdom with my knowledge of boffer weapons
and their construction. I think anything that would allow the adolescents
more of an intrest in the arts of war, is all around better for the SCA as a
whole and is in fact much more period. Take for example the actual average
age of a middle ages squire and the average age of a squire in our current
middle ages. We all know, in period they didn't allow squires to train with
real weapons until they had the basics down. Why should it be different in
our Current Middle ages.
    In previous historic organizations that I took part in I have seen where
there were adolescents that fell between the gap. They could not carry a
rifle or participate directly, they would even be bored at the events.
    I feel it would be a great thing for our Kindom to do to make our
activities fun and interesting for everyone attending.

Magnus in Mendersham
"If honor is lost, nothing remains."