ANST - CHILDREN REJOICE!!! (parents, too)

Michael Tucker michaelt at mechatronics.com
Fri Feb 19 07:27:41 PST 1999

Greetings, all, from Baron Michael Silverhands:

Casey&Coni wrote:

> The BEST news just hit, gang.  I hold, in my hot little hands, the official
> word from the society childrens cooridinator, Julleran da Maestre, the final
> verdict from the society senechal on BOFFER.
>
> The bottom line:  it's completely and totally up to us as a kingdom how we
> wish to handle it.
>
> <snip>
>
> So, pending any further red tape foolishness, who wants to hold the first
> youth tourney?  I know Baroness Clarissa has been mulling it over for some
> time... any others interested?
>
> <snip>
>
> Glad to get the tykes having fun again,
>
> Sir Dieterich

That is wonderful news, indeed, Sir Dieterich! Here in Stargate we have chosen a
Children's Champion at our last 2 Baronial Champion events in September. As part
of the structured children's activities during the day, there were several
child-safe and fun competitions to determine the champion. The winner was
recognized in court right alongside the Chivalric, Rapier, Archery and (new this
past year) Equestrian champions.

I know there was a desire to have a boffer tournament, but I don't remember if
there was one, or if it fizzled due to concerns about safety and insurance
restrictions. Regardless, what's past is prolog; I'm sure we'll have a
children's boffer tournament at *this* year's Stargate Baronial!

In our first official act as Baron and Baroness upon being invested 3 1/2 years
ago, Neassa and I presented a child with an award. Children have held a special
place in our hearts (and courts) ever since. Thanks for this good news!

In service,
Michael