ANST - Boffers

Lael Portwood laepor at fisd.hub.ofthe.net
Fri Feb 19 09:40:09 PST 1999

When I fought sword and board, I was up against men that seemed twice my height and three times my weight.  That's just the luck of the draw. We can "rule and reg" ourselves to death.  Dividing by ages seems to be the best bet.  Any good fighter can tell you that size and weight aren't always to a fighter's advantage.  In many cases, the smaller fighters have great advantages.  It's all in what you are taught and how you use it.  Instead of teaching our kids to say, "It's not fair.  He was bigger than me!", we can teach them, "Wow!  He was good!  I guess I better practice some more."

My son is 13.  He's pretty small for his age.  I don't know how he'll do and I'm really not concerned about it because as long as he's out there having fun and playing with honor, that's all that counts.

Ascelyn

At 08:12 AM 2/19/99 -0800, you wrote:
>how about age groups. ten and under, eleven to fourteen, fifteen to
>seventeen, (you don't want a seventeen year old beating up on an eleven
>year old) and adult. and no gender restrictions. that way all get to
>play.
>km

What's the minimum age?  seven? eight?

Would height/weight make better divisions?
(Some 12 year olds can be as big or bigger than a 15 year old.)

Addy