ANST - armouring here in cyberia ... was: warning: happy99.exe

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Feb 21 13:12:54 PST 1999

On 21 Feb 99, at 12:49, Pug Bainter wrote:

> j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like: >
> for details on this infection and how to get rid of the infection if you
> have > already run it, see the following: >
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2208275,00.html
>
> Btw, yes this is real. The only reason I haven't sent anything out to the
> list is that the list software will catch it and filter it out.

unfortunately there are many "sub lists" that have grown up from the membership
of the main lists ... in the three cases i mention, these were the distribution
media, all affected addresses were collected from the main elists i posted the
warnings to  ...

a word of advice to all my cyber cynn out there ... the world is a increasingly
dangerous place, invest in a decent anti-virus package (Norton NAV and the
current definition files caught this attack when i ran it on my frontline
"gateway" system as a test ...) and keep those definition / update files
current.  it will save yourself and those you communicate with a great deal of
potential grief and aggravation.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves