ANST - ARROW PARTY

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Feb 21 17:53:01 PST 1999

Well yet another arrow party season is all but over, and the turnout was
less than great. There will be arrows for war but more help would be nice.We
(Gilli Talom of Blackoak and myself Plachoya) did some figuring and came up
with it takes about 20 man min to make one arrow from start to finish. Threr
will about an additional 500 arrows for war this year, that is new not
reconditioned. Giving a total of about 900 arrows plus I don't know how many
crossbow bolts, good use for broken arrows. Reconditioning arrows can take
longer depending on what they need done to them same for making crossbow
bolts from old arrows.
Now as to where the extra arrows are needed, the CASTLE BATTLES. The castle
battles will be 1 hour long one archer shooting 2 arrows per min. will need
about 120 arrrows to shoot the full battle but we will say that the archers
quit shooting with 10 min left becouse the field does not allow a clear shot
that is still 110 arrowsper archer. How many of you have 110 arrows to
shoot? Oh yes in the castle battles the arrows have a way of dieing with the
fighters about 30 to 40 per cent die, and have to be recyled into crossbow
bolts.
So if you need more arrows they will be their but next year think about
helping make more. If you helped this year thank you, your help is /was
apprecated, if you have not yet helped there will probly be yet another
chance at Gulf War the arrow factory will be there and can use your help.
Making war arrows is easy and has been broken down into steps so as to make
it learnable by most any one. If you are at War come help make arrows for
your and your fellow Ansteorran archers to use.
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra; play
nice, have fun