ANST - Latin Translation

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Feb 22 08:18:25 PST 1999

Larissa wrote:
> I need a 5 word motto translated into Latin.  I didn't study *sniff* so
> I need help.  If there is a kind hearted person out there who can help
> me (who paid more attention than I did :)...) can you please email me
> direct ladyoftherose at hotmail.com

You might check this file in the HERALDRY section of my Stefan's
Florilegium files:

mottoes-msg      (129K) 11/ 6/98    Latin mottoes for SCA use.

As you don't say what the English version of your motto is, I can't
say if it is already in the file or not. However, even if it is
not already in there, most of the translations in this file are from
Mistress Gunnora and she usually gives a short glossary of the words
she uses in her translation and why she chose particular words in
her translation and you might be able to use that info to develop
your translation.

For those of you thinking about adopting a motto this file is a
good place to look for ideas.

My Florilegium is located at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous