ANST - ARMOR

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Tue Feb 23 06:48:51 PST 1999

Greetings!

Good Sir Dieterich said...

>Quality armor within Ansteorra is a bit of a rarity these days.

Probably the most accessible armourer in Ansteorra is Mykaru (sp?) at Black
Hydra Armories. He's has a web page up and running....

>, but so far as
>I know you'd be hard pressed to get any portion of a harness from any of
>them before war

(snicker) Haa hoo! (wipe tear away) Thats a good one!

I'm wrapped up with just finishing my daughters armour in time. She's gonna
be the spiffiest kid out there in the boffer circuit.

  Scott is terribly buried under his current workload and I
>don't think Alexis or Timo make anything for anybody other than just
>themselves, squires, and students.

 I'm greatly flattered at being mentioned with these two good gentles (esp.
Scott, who is IMHO lightyears ahead at being the best historical armourer in
Ansteorra).

>I know this may sound absurd, but you might do much better just taking your
>cash to war and buying off the rack.

(List of good armourers snipped)

good idea. There is also several "SCA" armourers who will be at the War,
such as Mandrake, Crimson hammer, Ice Falcon, Red Falcon etc.....for basic
stuff, they are all good quality, good price, and,well, good armor, if not
extremly period or artistic.

(this from a guy who is busy trying to finish his new helm and dump the
spuntop :>)

 you are going to get it right then and there and won't have
>to depend on an _artist_ to meet a _deadline_ (can you even say those words
>in the same sentence without fear of bolts from the blue?).

Ha,Ha!Har! Whoo! stop! your killin me!

Timotheos Kalamanos
(the heralds finally taught me how to spell my name)