ANST - I'm baaackk! (Well, sort of...)

Jane Sitton-Logan myrnarae at nts-online.net
Tue Feb 23 09:03:35 PST 1999

Greetings from Madeleine de Lyndesaye in rural Olney, 40 mi south of
Brad Leah.

Due to financial restraints, I've been offline for about five months.
I've finally found a more affordable ISP (not easy in a rural area with
no access number to AOL, Prodigy, Compuserve, AT&T, Southwestern Bell,
etc.), so I'm back.  I have missed being on this list.  I haven't had a
working vehicle since July of '98, so I haven't heard any news since
last September.

But now I finally have a new-to-me car, and hope to make it to Spring
Fair.  It is even possible that I will be moving back to Elfsea by
then.  No firm plans have been made, but I hope to return to my home
barony.

Now for the bad news.  My lord husband, Laird Seamus Donnacadh Loganaich
an gabhain (or Logan the Smith, as he is usually called) is back in jail
in Tarrant County.  For those of you following our little soap opera,
Logan was due to complete his 2 years of probation (exile, he calls it)
on the 19th of February.  But on January 21st, the judge issued a bench
warrant revoking his probation because we have been unable to pay the
$2000 fine imposed back at the close of the trial in February of '97.

So far, he has been held approximately a month with no lawyer assigned
nor a hearing set on the probation revocation.  The warrant states that
his sentence on the Class B misdemeanor was one year, yet we have
paperwork from the trial which states it was only 180 days.  And Logan
had previously spent approximately 150 days in jail back in '96 and
'97.  So I'm thinking he should be set free by now.  He has been advised
to file a motion, a writ of habeus corpus, to demand either a lawyer and
a hearing or release.

For those of you who think, "what does all this have to do with the
SCA?", my answer is, "well, nothing, really."  But as this list is the
easiest, most cost efficient method of communicating with some of our
friends, I thought I'd risk the wrath of some who may be indifferent to
the situation and post this message.

The other thing I'd like to say is that if you are so inclined, feel
free to write to Logan in jail.  He is very depressed just now, and
could use encouragement, jokes, stories, & etc.

James D. Logan
CID# 0455102, 59B
Tarrant County Jail
100 N. Lamar St.
Fort Worth, TX
76196-0196

My thanks, in advance, for your friendship.

Amicalement,

Madeleine de Lyndesaye
mka Jane Sitton-Logan
1410 W. Elm St., #208