ANST - Bards & More Bards

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 15:48:03 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/23/99 1:14:32 AM Central Standard Time, kihe at ticnet.com
writes:

<<    OPEN THE CIRCLES
                   Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Mike C. Baker)
    [TTTO "Circles" / "Windmills", loosely interpreted]

      In the shadows of the evening we retire to our campsites
      We share in the even-feast and recall the long day
      Be aware in the darkness around are eyes shining ever-bright
      They will see what you do as they move near, then away

            (chorus)
           There are circles we weave as we move through the twilight
           There are circles we share to share tales of the brave
           And these are the circles to hold in memory bright
           Where the past is remembered to chain Darkness in a cave.

      A young man, or woman, standing just o'er the threshold
      Afraid to come in, with more fear to stay out
      Will you bid them welcome, show them what this all means to you
      Or will your's be an UN-welcome, some "Go away" shout?

            (chorus)

       Remember the passings and each of our passages
       Raise the bright banners in the vault of each mind
      We are the past, true, but must teach for the future
       The banners are brightest that are aired time to time

            (chorus)

      Open your hearts, talespinners, stout poets and singers
      Open your minds and let the whole Known World know
      Open your circles and bring the bright-eyes within them
      For a circle once opened can do nothing but grow!

       * * *
 Mike C. Baker
 SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
 "Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
 My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
 e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com

Speaking of supportive people with tons of talent,...Look! There's one of them
now!
Excellent, Dreamsinger.
~Fionnagan