ANST - Fighting Awards....

Terry A. Harper Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Thu Feb 25 13:00:19 PST 1999

Somebody said.....

>Ok so why not make an AoA level award on >the same setup as the thistle.
>Recognition for martial skill in any area. >Archery/heavy/light would just
be
>subcatagories under that just as people >get the thistle for diff. skills.

If we use the mentality of "arts have this award" and "service has this
award", so fighters should have an equal award, then we also have to
consider the fact that ONLY fighters can win Crown Tourney.  Using that
same mentality that the awards have to be distributed equally between the
areas, when can artisans win Crown with art?  Workers with service?

I believe we need to constantly look at our award structure to see that it
reflects the diversity of our Kingdom, however, it will never be completely
equal.  That's a concept that just isn't compatible with the recreation of
the Middle Ages.

Just my 2 (or 10) cents worth,

Reginlief Ragnarsdottir