ANST - Re: Getting this list on track...serious response

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:17:03 PST 1999

Heilsa Othar and all Good and True Ansteorran Combatants...

You queried:

>Greetings Fighters, especially Knights,
>Othar here.
>
>   I recently posted some messages to this list in error and it came to
>my attention that this was the first traffic I'd seen in a while.  I
>understand that the Knights have begun a chivalry list to discuss
>Knightly Things and I was wondering when those deliberations were going
>to filter down to the common man.

They filter down all the time.

To wit: The 7 1/2 foot unpadded glaive is now legal in Ansteorra. I will
require a special authorization. It can be no longer than 7 1/2 feet
including thrusting tip and butt spike. The thrusting tip and any
striking edge(s) must be marked with contrasting tape, as will any butt
spike. The "excessive force" rule will be strictly enforced with this
weapon.

All thrusting tips, butt spikes, and striking edges must be marked with
some type of contrasting tape. Do this BEFORE Gulf War.

Fiberglass spears retain the 3" thrusting tip. All other spears and two
handed thrusters may use 2" tips. One handed weapons may use
1 1/4" "low-profile" thrusting tips.

Fiberglass spears are now a 2 year authorization...up from 1 year.

Silo-flex is for 1-handed weapons only at this time...as per the Society
Marshal, Duke Comar, dated 26 FEB 99. However, is anyone interested in
exploring/experimenting with 1 1/2" OD Silo-flex
2-handed weapons...? (Hand-and-a-half, Great Sword, Glaive, Great Mace,
etc...) If you are, let me know and we will formulate a proposal to send
to HG Comar...*grin*

>   I can understand the point of view that wants to keep discussions
>among the chivalry private so that a united front can be presented when
>decision are reached, however I feel that many of our non-belted
>fighters and readers would greatly benefit from the deliberations on
>fighting we are missing out on now.

Believe it or not...we do pass on all our deliberations on fighting. If
everyone had come to the Kingdom War Practice or the Northern Regional
Tribute you would have heard and practiced those deliberations...

>I hope that one of the knights on
>this list can forward this to the chivalry list.

Several did... Don't forget... "We're Watching YOU...!" Show us your
stuff...!

>I also would
>appreciate any comments from the others on this list about this topic.

Well...? I'm waiting too...*grin*

>Thank you,
>Othar Morganson                  MKA: Jerry Dreifuerst

Waes Thu Hael kinfolk...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."