ANST - Re: Getting this list on track...serious response

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Fri Feb 26 10:08:37 PST 1999

Greetings unto all!

Good Sir Kief posted some rule changes....

>To wit: The 7 1/2 foot unpadded glaive is now legal in Ansteorra. I will
>require a special authorization.

Great! Quick question: who does the Authorizations? I 'd *assume*( Thats
gonna get me in trouble) that only members of the Chivalry could. IE: Simile
to fiberglass spears.

How about shorter-than-7-1/2-foot-unpadded-glaives? The 6 ft one I made for
practice has been nice. I'd hate to have to pitch it.

>All thrusting tips, butt spikes, and striking edges must be marked with
>some type of contrasting tape. Do this BEFORE Gulf War.

EVERYBODY HEAR THAT!!!!!!!!????!?!??!?! Dont come walking up to Gulf War
inspection point expecting the marshalls to tape your edges for you. Tell
your friends! Tell your enemies! Tell anybody!

>Silo-flex is for 1-handed weapons only at this time...as per the Society
>Marshal, Duke Comar, dated 26 FEB 99.

This includes only the 1-inch-rattan-inside-the-siloflex version right?
*NOT* the 3-pieces-of-siloflex-telescoped-together version???

 However, is anyone interested in
>exploring/experimenting with 1 1/2" OD Silo-flex
>2-handed weapons...? (Hand-and-a-half, Great Sword, Glaive, Great Mace,
>etc...)

OOOH!OOHHHO!AHHH! (waves hand furiously) Me!Me! Pick me teacher!!

Question: Why the 1 1/2" OD Siloflex?

Timo
(cough!snort weeze! ugh Im sick)